Tuesday, November 19, 2013
Chapter 11 Extra Credit
1) Development and maintenance of public roads and sidewalks is a critical public function.
2) The total amount of taxable property value of all taxable real estate within a county is called tax digest.
3) The basis of most local government planning is a comprehensive plan
4) A use that does not conform to current zoning requirements but is legally allowed as an exception describes a grandfathered use.
5) An appeal to a court for zoning relief by a property owner after administrative , legislative, and or both types of relief have been denied is called a judicial change.
6) A valuation technique used by assessors to create ad valorem value on a large amount of properties is called ______.
a. Ad valorem value
b. Mass valuation
c. Assessment appeal
d. Assessed value
7) The assessed value after all applicable exemptions. This value is used to calculate taxes owed.
a. Taxable value
b. Millage rate
d. Homestead exemption
8) The creation of geographic areas of similar land uses and density of land use.
b. Building envelope
d. Comprehensive plan
Answers: 1)T 2)T 3)T 4)F 5)T 6)B 7)A 8)C