Monday, March 4, 2013


Blog Post One by Antonio Andrade

For my first blog assignment I had the pleasure of interviewing Lorry Martinez. She is the property manager for apartment complex where I live at.  The apartment complex is very close to the university and therefore very convenient for students to rent here.

How did you get started in this field?
A friend of a friend helped me find this job. I have no college education, but I need a job.

What are your major responsibilities?
Collecting rent, leasing agent, and  making sure that you guys are safe.

What is a typical day like for you?
Answering phones, tons and tons of paper work and making sure that the apartments are ready for people that are moving in.

What are the up sides of the job?
I don’t have a time clock. If I’m 15 minutes late it is ok. If I’m sick I can take the day off and I still get paid for the day. We help each other out.

What are the down sides of the Job?
Sometimes you have to deal with some people that do not want to corporate and it could be scary at times. I had to call the police a couple of times.

The interview was a great chance to talk to someone in this field, and to get a slight understanding of what it takes to manage a property. I would like to thank her for her time and the great interview she gave me. Lorry Martinez you’re person to talk to. Thank you once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment