Sunday, March 3, 2013


Jamie Eischen
GJ Gardner Homes NW Fresno/ Madera
Real Estate Entrepreneur

By Matthew Seely

How did you get started in this business?

I was in construction before this, working for Quiring General & Pacific Gas and Electric as a Project Manager. I was primarily working in the commercial field doing construction management. I left Pacific Gas & Electric and went to work for one of the other GJ Gardner Franchises’ here in Clovis. I fell in love with it at that time. So when the north Fresno/ Madera territory opened up I jumped on the opportunity to get in the business, so me and my father David Siler decided to take the leap and open our own franchise.


What is your background, do you have any degrees?

I attended Fresno Community College for two years and obtained my Associates Degree and then ventured down south to San Diego State where I obtained a degree in Construction Management.


Why did you pick GJ Gardner?

When I was working at the other franchise I saw how unique GJ Gardner Homes was.  We are the only Home building Franchise in the world.  This is great in the way that you have a nationally recognized name & branding, but still are able to offer that mom and pop customer service. With that being said I jumped at the opportunity to purchase my own Franchise.
 

Have you always wanted to be in the Real Estate Field?

No, in fact I never saw myself outside of the construction/construction management field.


What do you think the market is doing now? Do you see it getting better?

The market is steadily rising and I think that right now is the perfect time to purchase any type of real Estate. I know from our stand point it’s picking up; we are meeting with more and more clients that are interested in building. We are starting construction on several projects here in the next week or so.
 

What is your primary focus? Do you just build big homes?

Absolutely not, we will build anything; we even looked at doing some duplexes and a few remodels. So we’ll do pretty much anything. Right as of now we are building primarily 2000 – 3000 sq feet. We are a custom builder so we can do anything from 900sq ft to 6,000sq ft. It really just depends on what the client wants.

Do you just build the house? Or do you do anything else (EX: like pools)

No, we will provide, facilitate and complete any type of work that the client wants or requests. We primarily build the house from the foundation up, and there are several things that people like us to help them with as well. We can facilitate anything they want, but we primarily build the house from the foundation up.

Do you do any marketing? If so what kind?

Yes, we do we have a big market of Realtors that we work with (Putting signs on lots and such). We also have TV commercials that air all the time. We do some other things we do some advertising with a local golf Course.


Where do you see yourself in five years?

I see the Real Estate Market and building market rising and myself as well along with my team and a steady clientele and project base. 


Are you building in several areas? Do you try and build in one area at a time?

No, we will build in any area that someone needs a house built.  We have a pretty big territory; we can build in north Fresno, Madera, Oakhurst, and some of those outlying areas. If our particular office cannot build in an area for some reason another franchise will. We don’t build in just one area; we want to build as much as we can everywhere we can.


I would like to thank Jamie for taking the time to do this interview.

Matthew Seely

No comments:

Post a Comment